AmiKit XE for Vampire includes hundreds of improvements and enhancements specific to the Vampire hardware.
We spent almost a year working on this project. As a result you get a really polished product with updates and support.
24bit RTG Graphics
080 & 040 Executables
- Startup Manager
- Dark Mode
- DualPNG Icons
- Custom Visual Themes
- Integrated Filetypes
425 Pre-Installed Apps
Games & Demos included
Dracula the System Master
Start & User Menus
Directory Opus 5 Magellan II
- Full Magic User Interface 5
- Supports all AmigaOS3 versions
TCP/IP & WiFi Enabled
Automatic Live Updates
Native FTP Support
microSD Card Support
- Integrated Menu System
We've focused on every detail and created a highly integrated package for you.
1. One of the following AmigaOS versions:
- AmigaOS 3.2/3.1.4
Amiga Forever 8/7
- AmigaOS 3.9
2. Kickstart ROM file (A1200 version)
3. Picasso96.lha (version 2.0 or 2.4+)
4. Latest stable Vampire core version
You can get all the required files here
For details, install instructions and tricks & tips check our QUICK GUIDE
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Vampires are supported?
What else do I need?
AmiKit does NOT include any AmigaOS files, Kickstart ROM nor Picasso96 graphics driver. You can get all required files from here, though. Once you supply those files, AmiKit will pick them up and install them automatically for you.
I have a question or need support.
Why does AmiKit XE cost money?
I spent an unbelievable amount of time and effort putting everything together, an enormous amount of work that included the following:
- A complete system re-design, including custom programs, enhanced functionality and overall integration
- Every included program has been pre-installed, pre-configured and integrated, and most include optimizations that go far beyond the default installation settings
- Extensive, fine-tuned UI enhancements, comprehensive testing and debugging specific to the Vampire version
- International travel to procure one of the first V4 units
Why limited support on V4SA?
The V4 core of Apollo Vampire V4 Standalone computer is still in a developmental phase. It means its features (and bugs) are constantly coming and going and thus it's difficult to keep up. On top of that, V4SA core is still not 100% compatible with AmigaOS.
Last but not least, huge thanks to Thomas Scheller, Keith Matthews, Artur Jarosik,
Dimitris Panokostas, Philipp Lonke and Jakub Hajda for many suggestions and beta-testing!